Friday 5 September 2008

Glam rock and flares



Last weekend Elaine and I went to a 70s night with our friends Kevin and Debbie, and Kevin and Shirley. Debbie (who organised the tickets) assured us that fancy dress was mandatory. Iwas going to risk it and not bother dressing up (seeing as my formative years were during the 80s and I didn’t, therefore, have any 70s gear!) but Debbie shamed me so much and told me that I would be the only one not dressed up that I called upon Elaine’s stepbrother, Dean, to come to the rescue. Dean’s formative years were during the 90s but he seems to have spent most of that time going to 70s parties!

Anyway, in the end we all got dressed up only to find that fancy dress was actually optional and that (at first) we were the only ones dressed up! Thankfully quite a few people turned up later wearing a wide range of 70s gear.

The Platforms provided the music – and they definitely looked the part (all spangly tight trousers and make-up). It was great fun and we are looking forward to seeing the Platforms again at the Melton beer festival in a few weeks’ time.
A few more photos

No comments: