Wednesday 15 October 2008

What a Ragged Child!



Tonight is the opening night of The Ragged Child, starring both Luke and me. As you can see, Luke is one of the ragged children, and has been instructed by the director to get absolutely filthy and not to smile! He has really got into the role and has amazed us all with his memory of lines, dancing ability (don't know where he gets that from!), and overall stage presence.
a
I play the ragged school teacher, Giles. I'm "a crippled cobbler", which means I have a leather apron and a hump on my back! You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find a way of making a convincing hump that doesn't wander all over my back during the show. Much to the rest of the cast's amusement, I have resolved this problem by using a bra worn upside down and back to front with just one padded cup!

No comments: